The school values the role of parents as their child’s first teacher and welcomes their active involvement in their child’s education. The school believes:
- Parents are partners and are needed to take active and meaningful role to ensure the success of the school.
- Parents must be meaningfully and actively engaged in their child’s education and responsible for supporting their child’s learning at home.
- Parents must also understand what it will take to prepare their child for college.
Parents of Baxter High School students are asked to:
- Support the goals of the school through their voice and through volunteering a minimum of 40 hours per year.*
- Complete an application for Fee-Waiver/Free & Reduced Price Lunch
- Attend at least 4 Parent Education Academy Sessions each year
- Complete an annual parent satisfaction survey
Volunteers who serve as parent leaders on a school committee or special activity for the entire school year, or for the duration of a particular project, will automatically earn 20 hours of service credit. Leadership opportunities for parents include, but are not limited to, participation in the following committees:
- School Coordinating Council
- School Board of Directors
- Parent Leadership Network
*Not doing volunteer hours or to participating in Charter School’s programs will have no affect on a student’s enrollment, grades, credits or ability to graduate.