Baxter High School urges you to support our priority of scholar and traffic safety around our school. In order to relieve traffic congestion in the morning around the school, Baxter High School has a designated location at which you can drop-off and pick-up your scholar in the parking lot at the South East corner of 9th Street and Pacific Avenue. Safe driving around the school improves the safety for all scholars, including yours. Please consider the following recommendations:
- Please use the approved drop-off area.
- Please drive slowly while scholars are present.
- Drivers MUST yield to pedestrians.
- Drop off your scholar inside the parking lot.
- When dropping off your scholar, pull to the drop-off spot safely, have your scholar exit carefully and depart immediately. This will allow others to safely bring their scholars to school.
- Do not block crosswalks, driveways, red zones, or fire hydrants.
- Left turns in and out of the on-campus drop-off area are discouraged.
- In some cases it is illegal to make U-turns near the school. They should always be avoided when traffic is heavy.
- Be courteous to your fellow parents, school employees, and residents.
- Remain alert and encourage others to follow these safe driving tips.
In the interest of student safety and to honor our agreement with the community that we serve, we remind you that scholars are discouraged from driving to school. Scholar driving contributes to the possibility of accidents, parking problems, blocking resident’s driveways, tardiness, and truancy. We do not guarantee reserved parking in the school parking lot during school hours, or in any adjacent public parking lots.